Under the order
Ruprocol® – rumen-protected microencapsulated choline for high yield dairy cows
Producer: Vetagro, Italy.
Group of animals: cattle, sheep and goats.
Composition: сholine chloride – 250 g, hydrogenated palm oil – up to 1 kg.
Mode of action:
- Choline can reduce the risk of fatty liver, improve liver functionality and milk production maintaining animals in good health. Free choline is almost completely destroyed in the rumen by the activity of the microflora. Choline in Ruprocol® is microencapsulated in a lipid matrix in order to by-pass the rumen and be highly available at intestinal level.
- Hydrogenated palm oil is a highly effective energy supplement that can reduce the negative balance of energy in the first lactation period and prevent the risk of acidosis, has the ability of emulsifying and can provide a better absorption of free fatty acids as well as fat-soluble dietary vitamins.
Benefits of Ruprocol:
- Effective prevention and treatment of subclinical and clinical ketosis;
- Rumen By-Pass. Once in the intestine, the lipases start to digest the lipid matrix, releasing choline and making it available for absorption. Vetagro’s technology assures that choline is available in the small intestine due to the controlled particle size since the protection of Ruprocol is adapted to the digestive transit time of ruminants;
- Regulates the work of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Promotes the increase in milk production and its quality improvement in terms of protein and fat content;
- Improves the reproduction of the herd and maintains the animals in good condition;
- Improves metabolism.
Additional benefits of Ruprocol:
- Highly effective at low dosages
- Thermo-mechanically stable
- Dairy cows: 40-60 g/head/day, starting 30 days before calving and up to 90 days after calving.
- Dairy sheep and goats: 4-6 g/head/day, starting 15 days before calving and up to 60 days after calving.