Valopro – feed additive for improvement of the overall feed efficiency (better energy and protein accessibility)
Producer: Mixscience, France.
Group of animals: cattle, sheep and goats.
Composition: a mixture of essential oils and flavouring agents, tannins, mineral salts, cobalt (acetate), sulfur (zinc sulphate, manganese sulfate), calcium carbonate carrier.
Mode of action:
- Sulfate ions (sulfur) stimulate the microflora of the rumen and thereby contribute to the better absorption of nutrients from the feed;
- Cobalt also has a positive effect on fermentation in the rumen. In addition, it is part of the metabolism of Vitamin B12 synthesis , which is highly degraded in the rumen;
- Tannins contribute to the formation of complexes with bacterial proteins and microorganisms, which cause a decrease in the activity of proteolytic microorganisms, reduce deamination and thereby reduce the production of ammonia;
- Essential oils slow down the multiplication of proteolytic bacteria and stimulate the production of propionic acid, which leads to stabilization of the pH level
- Increases salivation and stimulates appetite
Benefits of Valopro:
- Increase of protein by-pass through the rumen to the intestine – increase of milk yield and protein content in milk with less protein intake;
- Improvement of performance;
- Improved rumen functioning and reduced risk of acidosis;
- Better digestion of the whole diet, increased digestibility of fiber;
- Decrease of diarrhea cases
- Dairy cows: 20 g/head/day for the entire lactation period
- Dairy sheep and goats: 3 g/head/day
- Beef cattle: 3.5 g/100 kg of live weight